Sunday 24 February 2013

A couple more pages before going back to work...boo!

Hi All

Hope you have all had a nice weekend. I have had a lovely day today (my last day of freedom before going back to work tomorrow!) Hubby has been selling things at a toy fayre so I have had a bit of a girly day: shopping, bubblebath and a bit of crafting :) I have been working on a couple of scrapbook layouts today. Firstly, I must apologise for the picture quality...I really need to look into getting a new camera, will put it on my to do list!

The first page today is of a photo of me, my Mum and my Nan from my wedding day. I love the look on my Nan's face on this one-she looks so cheeky! I have used a variety of different products, some echo park and MME papers and some die cuts I got from Hobbycraft, not sure of the make...I think it may be missing something in the right hand corner but not too sure of what to do yet. It also has some secret journalling-I have seen this on a few different blogs but was inspired yesterday after watching Breyana Canete's You Tube video of her Disney scrapbook (which is fab!) I hope she doesn't mind me linking to her videos but loads of inspiration can be found so well worth a look. The journalling is in a small bag behind the picture...you can just about see it...




The second page I have made is a page all about my day as a bride. It felt a bit strange doing a page about myself....felt like I was a bit self-centred(!!) but I guess if you are scrapbooking your wedding then you are going to have a bride and groom page aren't you? Groom one is almost ready to go too ;) The pictures below look black and white but they are actually black and cream colour scheme and sepia photographs! Again, I have used some echo park papers, some black lace washi tape and some card candi just to finish this one off....there is also more secret journalling behind the final photograph ;) I can see many of my pages now having little pockets with hidden information lol!





This page will definitely go into my final Wedding album....have been doing lots of random pages recently so need to sort out specific books that they are going to go into! Have decided to document my trip to Eurodisney a few years ago so have started making a few purchases to help me do this...!! (Any excuse!) So will have a bit more of a focus for my scrapping.

Well, back to work tomorrow but hoping to keep scrapping/smashing. Only five more weeks and then it is the Easter holidays...lol! On countdown already...we are off to Cornwall for a week so I can't wait. Still working through my 30 before 30 list too...will keep you updated.

Thanks for looking!
Hugs
Arline
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment