Sunday 27 January 2013

'Pride and Prejudice' SMASH page

Hi All
 
Most of the day has had me planning lessons, making resources and marking books to prepare for the week ahead but I managed to grab a couple of hours to do a bit of SMASHing!
 
My favourite author is Jane Austen and my favourite novel is 'Pride and Prejudice.' Many of my SMASH pages are dedicated to her but I decided to dedicate a whole double page spread to her fabulous novel as it turns 200 years old on Monday! There are many reasons why I love this novel but the main reason is for the character of Elizabeth Bennett. The 1995 BBC version of the book is my favourite and Jennifer Ehle plays the character just as I envisage her in the book! So my page is a bit of an ode to the book, the 1995 version and some of Elizabeth's best quotations! I hope you like it.
 
 
 
 

(Apologies for the quality of pictures....my camera broke a little while ago and so I am using my mobile at the moment!)
 
I am also going to celebrate the birthday by trying to read the novel, once again, during the day tomorrow.....may be a little challenging as I have work and a meeting after school but I will persevere!!
 
Thanks for popping by!
Hugs
Arline
xx

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning sweet pea, this is just stunningly gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ps when I click on your name on my blog comment it goes to a google page about you but your blog is not on there, can you add it for everyone to see x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh.... LOVELY - Gorgeous work!! I totally love Pride and Prejudice too.. Agree about the BBC version too! Hope you managed to get the reading done! :D
    Love your Smashing!! Look forward to seeing more :D
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete